Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lagerfeld for Macys

I have always dreamed of one day having the luxury to afford at least one piece of Chanel’s collection, specifically the always classic Chanel 2.55. Little did I know that dream would somewhat come true and for a fraction of the price. Now I may not be buying something from the Chanel line itself, but I will own something created by the king of fashion himself. And for now, that is plenty for me.

Karl Lagerfeld teamed up with Macy’s and created a collection to hit stores August 31. While I was profoundly excited by this news and the fact that Lagerfeld stuck to his signature design aesthetic of black and white pieces, I found myself slightly disappointed with the collection as a whole.  Here are some of my favorite pieces-


Each piece in a Chanel line is inherently different and possesses its own distinct feeling. There is nothing generic about Chanel.  The piecesI found myself disliking from the Lagerfeld Macys collection lack the uniqueness Chanel is known for and have more design characteristics similar to what Macys generally produces.

It will be interesting to see the response Macy’s receives when the line hits the floors. No worries for Lagerfeld though, he still has the Chanel empire to run, and we all know that isn’t going anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment