Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tips On How to Glam Up Your Ponytail

When I was younger, the first hairstyle that I ever learned how to do for myself was the classic ponytail. I was so proud that I could put my hair up without my mom’s help, that I wore it like that every day for the next two weeks. Unfortunately, there was a picture day squeezed somewhere in between, and with me being the six-year-old tomboy with no fashion sense, I stuck in two clunky, gaudy barrettes onto the sides of my head and called it glamorous. I now look back on that school photo with a cringe and am relieved and happy that over the years I have discovered much better ways to glam up a pony, and will never have to face the shame and horridness of such a look again.

1. A messy, tousled ponytail looks great with anything. It’s casual enough to be paired perfectly with everyday streetwear, and yet still looks just as fabulous with a fancy dress because it softens the look a bit. 


2. Create volume! You can soften a look just by bumping up your hair in the front or in the back, or put on a little edge with some slight teasing at the crown. 


3. Braids are a great way to look fresh and young. Tug on the braid a little and pull out pieces of hair from it to create a messier, more casual look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment