Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tip for Protecting Your Strands



We all know the number one cause of hair damage is from heat styling tools. I myself have put a toll on my hair with frequent uses of the blow dryer, straightener, and curling iron. Therefore I am always looking for ways to revive my limp hair and give it the protection it needs and shine it desires- because we all know I’m not giving up my straightener.  Here are a few tips I’ve come across that help my brittle strands.
Look for products with glycerin which prevent water evaporation therefore causing less breakage. My go-to product for this reason is the High-Gloss Serum. Smells great and does the trick by creating soft, healthy hair. Apply to wet or dry hair. I do both.

Invest in a deep conditioning hair masque and apply it to your hair once or twice a week to give hair its much needed moisture. This will counteract the damage from your heat styling companions.  Try the High-Gloss Masque



Give your hair a break from heat styling tools at least 1-2 days every week. I find this one to be the hardest to follow. My hair doesn’t agree with me when I let it dry naturally so my options are to heat style or immediately pull it up post-shower (which subsequently causes more hair breakage).  My solution- if I know tomorrow is my day off from heat tools, I wash it the night before. This way I can leave it down and let it dry while I am sleeping and pull it up in the morning once it’s completely dry.  
What tips do you follow to protect your strands?

No comments:

Post a Comment